Eligibility for Grades 5 - 8:
• The eligibility policy includes, but is not limited to, sporting events, extra-curricular activities, and co-curricular contests, such as music contest and scholar’s bowl.
• Smoky Valley Middle School follows KSHSAA ruling for Middle School eligibility. Smoky Valley Middle will elect to report scholastic eligibility on a quarterly basis. Rule 13, Section 3, Article 1
• Teachers and coaches will receive the grade report on Friday.
• Students are INELIGIBLE when they have one or more grades that are at 59% or below (F).
• Students cannot participate in athletic activities and other competitive activities for the next week. This includes any activity occurring the day the grade report is printed through the following Thursday.
• Students will remain ineligible until they have no more grades on Friday’s printed grade report that are at 59% or below (F).